Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preparing for the Show Friday

Well, the count down has certainly begun.  With t-minus 2 days and counting, I've been crafting up a small storm.  This storm may or may not involve feathers, which makes for quite the flurry!

Not quite like this day in Fargo a couple years ago though:
Fargo Pillow Fight 2007
So, the lilies in my yard are officially poking up and to celebrate I started making some flower clips.  What do you think?  Only for little kids? I don't think so! I normally avoid fake flowers, but these will last forever and who doesn't want their orchids to last forever?
Daffodil Clip
Orchid Clip
Also my friends are all talking about the growing trend of putting feathers in your hair.   They even wrote about it in the Fargo Newspaper. Apparently, you can glue them in and they stay for weeks, all the while withstanding washing and styling. I don't want to pay $20 so I made an alternative version that I can take out whenever I want. I'm hoping they'll be a hit in such fun colors!

Feather Pins
And of course, I couldn't help but bring out my stash of gray linen to even out all these hot colors.  I'm thinking about also making these in a itsy bitsy teeny weeny version.  
Gray Linen Clip
The colorful rewards of my hard work last night:


Which is your favorite?  Is it time for a giveaway?

2 comments:

  1. Linnea, you are so talented and I know where all the craftiness comes from-no, not from your godmother, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes giveaway! love the flowers and feathers!! yay!! love it all:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.